Today I have a few things on my mind. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
1. How, after only a few days of using it, does Spencer manage to make the toilet look like it's been dipped in urine?
2. What is more annoying, the gross toilet or the one-year-old hanging on my leg and crying while I clean it?
3. It's amazing how difficult the day is when the children wake up two hours early and then don't take naps. Argh!!! Instinctively, a child should know that waking up a parent is dangerous. Waking up earlier than I planned makes it hard for me to control my temper and any violent thoughts that are usually dormant. I haven't hurt anyone, yet.
4. Why don't I go to bed?
5. I am very glad PBS is broadcasting movies of all the Jane Austen books.
6. What is the best way to make cardboard figures flannel-board ready? Using glue to attach flannel strips warps the paper.
7. Who will win the primaries?
8 comments:
fun idea for a post--random thoughts. I may have to copy that concept. I do have a suggestion regarding the FHE stuff. Have you ever used adhesive felt? I buy it at WalMart in the crafts section or at Roberts by the other felt. It is about $2/ sheet. I just cut it into 2 or 3 inch squares and peel of the back and stick them to the back of my pictures. I am not sure what the actual brand is called. I am out at the moment---I think magic felt??? Another idea is to use that yellow tacky stuff (that you had to use to hang up things on the wall in college?) on a smoothe surface. sorry this is so long. i hope it helps. no ideas about the boy + toilet seat issues. we are trying to figure that out too at our house.
Toilet Idea:
Give the boy a wet wipe (as in Pampers, they are safer than the Clorox), and have him wipe down the toilet every day. My boy has had that job for about 18 months. While isn't as proficient as I am, his doing it everyday makes it so that when I do my once-a-week cleaning it isn't as gross.
Also, boys can be encouraged to sit down.
I have a sudden fear of potty training.
Adhesive felt is a good idea too. I was going to suggest laminating the figures then gluing the felt on the back. That's what we did for our flannel board.
As for the toilet? Good question! My toilets are sick! And, I cleaned them yesterday! Maybe you could add "wiping the seat" and "flushing" to the "Job Chart!" I think I will do that 'cause my kids have issues with flushing! (I just read Anna's idea - EXCELLENT!)
As for waking up earlier than planned. I am VERY sorry!
Emily, I read this post out loud to Kurt (b/c he asked why I was laughing out loud), and he said, "You two... you're like tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum." :) I have had all the same thoughts you just recorded (only I don't have a 3 year old boy... what does that say about Kurt? j/k) He's wondering why I'm laughing again.
funny, I have a urine dipped toilet too. how do they manage to cover almost every inch in just a few trips to the potty? sickening. I love a & d weston's idea... it will be dylan's newest job. thanks.
I always enjoy your thoughts. I've given up on the toilet thing. With two potty trained boys, its not just the toilet but the whole bathroom drenched in urine. They just learned about "sword fighting"...great. Can't wait to see you guys next week!!
I think I could have written this post. Why is it that children who wake up early seem never to take naps. I almost fell asleep on the floor 4 times today while my children ran around with unending energy! Aargh!
Post a Comment