Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby Blues

Baby still not here. I had an appointment Friday and was dilated to 2.5 and 80% effaced. The Md stripped the membranes and felt sure the babe would arrive before my next appointment, which is tomorrow. He told me he'd break my water on Wednesday if I'm still progressing. I have regular contractions or Braxton Hicks for an hour or more every other day or so. False labor. It's very frustrating. So now I have to decide if I really want my water broken tomorrow or if I want to wait for nature to take its course. . .

5 comments:

BallerinaBiker said...

I'm so sorry the babe hasn't arrived yet. I'll cross my fingers and pray that you will go into labor tonight! GOOD LUCK!

Lizzie said...

I'm tempted to say nature, smature. If you're ready I bet your little bundle is ready. I'll be excited to hear what you guys will name her! Good luck, Emily!

Cassi said...

oh man! Nothing quite like waiting for that baby to decide to come. I am excited to see her. Good luck!

merathon said...

i just found your blog and got caught up on everything! congrats on baby #3 (and maybe you've had her by now)! i remember feeling all those same things you were feeling. i still feel overwhelmed with three kids but i know it will all be worth it!

when is your actual due date? my opinion is that if you're not overdue, to let nature take its course. i was getting frustrated this last time cuz i just thought i'd have the baby at LEAST a few days before my due date and then she didn't end up coming until the day AFTER my due date. i'm glad i resisted the temptation to have things sped along though... makes for a much easier labor when it happens on its own!

Anna said...

Wow....you could be having a baby as I type this. I want to make a guess...8 pounds, 3 ounces. Good luck, we love you!!!!!!!