It's been forever, I know. I've been waiting to download pics but my computers are both sans memory. I can't even download an audio book. But anyway...
Spencer
This member of the family obsessed with Star Wars to the extent of wearing his own Jedi uniform every day. We have an official Jedi costume, but Spencer prefers wearing my socks for boots. He likes the really long ones that reach his thighs. His favorite pair is orange. Over his shirt he wears a braided belt that has started to unravel and is, therefore, taped with red duct tape at the end. He attaches his light saber to the belt, of course.
Fortunately, he doesn't wear his accessories to school. He is going to a great preschool where he pledges to the Texas flag every day. Luke wants to teach him to take a stand against that tradition. Anyway, Spencer loves school, and I love it too. I've been really impressed with his teacher.
When Spencer isn't at school or saving the galaxy as a Jedi, he's playing soccer. Fall soccer started a few weeks ago. It's hilarious. Kids make goals for the other team with just as much pride as if they'd won the game. They fall down on purpose because it's fun. Spencer often gets distracted with they joy of watching his own feet and legs run that he veers away from the group. He can also be caught smiling at whomever he's running next to. It's been really fun to watch. He practices his kicks all the time and plays imaginary games against The Fires (he plays for BYU).
Camille
What can I say about this child of mine? Where did she come from? She is sweet and funny and needs to go to anger management therapy. I have only one chance to understand her needs before she loses her temper. If she gets too upset, she asks to be put to bed where she reads to herself, reconnects with her blankies (she's been collecting blankies and has three or four now), and comes to terms with the world. She emerges from those sessions refreshed and happy, until she's misunderstood again. Sometimes she spends hours of her day in bed. I'm glad she recognizes her need for some alone time.
Camille goes between four identities. She is either Princess, Princess Leia, Baby, or Camille. There are no outward indications of who she is. However, if you call her the wrong name, she will scream, for example, that is isn't Princess, she's Camille. What a sweetie.
I'm doing a great little co-op preschool with her. It's been fun to teach her class and even more fun to drop her off when someone else is teaching!
Luke and me
Luke is enjoying his project at work right now, but he wants to baby to be born so he can take some vacation. I haven't told him this, but I don't think he'll be less stressed, less busy or get more sleep on this anticipated "vacation."
I am suffering from end of pregnancy blues. I just want it to be over. I'm trying to refrain from cataloguing all of my discomforts, so I'll satisfy myself with mentioning only two. First, if I weren't pregnant, I would be awake for a reason right now. Instead, I'm just awake. I've been up since 2:30. No baby to feed or comfort, although she is awake too. Second, on Friday I had Braxton Hicks every 5 minutes for about five hours. I was sure I'd be in the hospital by at least the next morning. Last night I had more regular contractions but only for an hour or so. Just come out already!
Baby
Besides being unbirthed, she seems to really enjoy her time. Quite a wiggly thing, especially at night. The problem is that she's unnamed. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I hope she'll be requiring a name soon, but I'm out of ideas, and I don't think Luke ever had any.
10 comments:
So good to read a new post. I loved getting caught up. I wish I could watch Spencer play soccer and I wish Savannah would ask to be put to bed (instead of being shoved to bed) when meltowns occur. We're no help with baby names as we haven't been able to think of any for our little alien. Good luck, feel free to share any second faves. Also good luck with end of pregnancy blues and all that comes with getting her here. Can't wait to hear about her when she arrives.
I have missed you, my friend. I LOVED the updates on your kids and on you guys- I laughed out loud when I read that Luke is trying to convince Spencer to rebel against pledging to the Texas flag.
I can totally commiserate with your end of pregnancy woes. Unfortunately, I'm already uncomfortably big and I still have 2 months left. I am sitting here sweating as we speak... it's almost October and I'm sweating.
Anyway, have a RS teacher's mtg. tonight so I better go... please keep blogging! It totally makes my day!
You write so descriptively - i love reading this. Sorry to hear you are up all night already. Maybe she will come soon! Can't wait to meet her and get to know a new little person. Spencer and Camille have so much personality! Would Camille share one of her names with the new baby? or maybe that would be pushing it... Love to you all!
I'm so excited to see a new post. I kept checking. It was so fun to hear about how life is going for you. Good luck with the baby!
So happy to have an update on you guys. As far as names, I think you should go with Princess Leia (or however you spell it). Spencer would love that.
Such a great post :) Can Kaitlyn join Camille in Anger Management?
Hopefully your little baby girl will be here soon! As for names- Matilda, Helga, Bertha, just to name a few.
Dave told me that I need to update my blog--everyone else has--even Emily.
Loved every bit of your post! I miss your posts and am so happy you are back in the blogosphere. Andrew is in soccer and he hates it. I wish I could let him quit but he at least has to wait till the end of the season. 4 more games. He gets mad when the other kids steal the ball and so he just walks off the field and tries to escape to the playground. It's miserable. He does not have a competitive spirit at all . . . yet . . . I hope he has a little one somewhere inside of him. Whose child is he anyway?!
I have missed you so much! I loved this update. I, like Jenn, laughed aloud thinking of Luke teaching Spencer to take a stand against the Texas pledge of allegiance. So great.
Camille sounds hysterical. It also sounds like she is absolutely nothing like you.
We can't wait to hear about the baby. Go for a run or something to help her along. Enough already. Okay- post again really soon please.
Let me join the ranks of those who have missed you. What about the name Alice? I'm fond of that one right now.
Post a Comment