She's here! Elizabeth Claire came into the world at 10:47 pm on October 8th. She was 7 lbs 1 oz and 21 inches long.

We checked into the hospital at 3pm. Started pitocin at 4:30. Contractions started at 5:30. A couple hours later, I got an epidural and had my water broken. At 9:30 I was dilated to a 6 and 10:30 I was at a 10. I pushed once and out came Ellie!

We've learned a few things about Elsie. She is a kicker and a screamer. She kicked during my entire labor and didn't stop until she started nursing. Eliza is an expert nurser.

Spencer and Camille are adjusting well, surprisingly well in Camille's case. I hope it lasts. Camille has become extremely interested in her dolls and takes care of them all day long. Spencer acts like nothing unusual has happened, but occasionally requests to hold the Elsa's hand.

We haven't quite decided what to call her. What's your favorite derivative of Elizabeth? Ellie, Elsa, Elsie, Eliza, Liz, Liza, Lizzie, Beth, more?
24 comments:
CONGRATS! How fun! Hope you guys are doing well and getting some sleep... How are Spencer and Camille adjusting? And I just have to tell you that my favorite girls name of all time is "Claire Elizabeth" - just backwards of your darling girl's.
congrats again!
What a perfect little baby girl. Congratulations!
CONGRATULATIONS-another beautiful Luke and Emily baby! Good job.
congratulations! glad it all went well. she's so cute and i can't get over how big camille and spencer are too! i think i like "liza" the best.
Congratulations! She has the unmistakeable Leiniger look! A sweet little doll. I like all the derivatives of Elizabeth. Such a classic, strong name! Elsie is pretty cute.
YAY! Congrats! Elizabeth Claire is so beautiful! I love her name too! In fact, if we ever have a girl, I will probably name her Claire. How funny! Everyone looks fabulous! I'm so proud of you - one push! Wow! I'm glad to hear the kids are doing well too. As for her name? Any of them work! I am rather fond of Ellie, Beth and Lizzie. But whatever, her name is darling however you say it!
she is darling! but no surprise there. i like elsa/elsie.
congratulations!!
Congratulations on another beautiful Leininger baby! We are so thrilled for all of you. Take care and enjoy.
She's beautiful! Camille was calling her Ellie today in nursery. I'm a fan of Ellie :) Maybe we'll name our girl Ellie - haha. Hope you are doing well!
Yay! Congrats! What a good looking family you all are now! Hope that everything is going well
i like eliza and beth. jamie likes jamie.
Congratulations! She is so cute and I can't believe all that dark hair. Another nick name is Libby (that's what we call my sister). It's great because there is a great song that goes with it. "If it says Libby Libby Libby on the label label label you will like it on the table table table." She is beautiful!
YEA!!! Does it feel great to be not pregnant anymore? She's a doll- looks a lot like Camille, I think. Congratulations, you guys.
I Love the name Ellie- we'll probably name our next girl that (not this upcoming one), so I guess that's my favorite nickname.
How fun that you, me, and Lizzie will likely have kids no more than 3 months apart? :) Too bad we don't live upstairs/downstairs (was I upstairs or downstairs???) anymore to enjoy it.
Miss you- congrats on the lil bundle. Can't wait to see more pix.
Congrats! She is SO gorgeous! I can't wait to meet her. Kens is excited to meet Camille and Spencers baby too. We need to come over soon to see the cute little one. I am glad that everything went well!
So beautiful! Congrats! so I like Liza also, plus it is unique, and sounds like Elizabeth!!! Good luck!
Love, Melinda (cusick)
woo hoo! happy to hear of elizabeth's arrival. hopefully we'll be down in dallas soon and can visit and see the little one. go emily! go elizabeth!
She's just gorgeous and Spencer and Camille are so big! Nice work, Emily :) And happy anniversary--I hope you guys were able to do something fun.
Congratulations! I am so glad she is finally here and your labor went so smoothly. I love all the nicknames. Maybe you should just use a different one for every day of the week :). She is so darling...
Congratulations. She is beautiful. Hailee and I like Ellie the best.
congratulations emily!!!! last time i saw you that was what camille looked like. now she is a big sister. my favorite girls name has always been elizabeth marie--my doll's name as a child and i still love it even though i can't sell ernie on it--but the nickname has to be BETH. but i guess beth claire doesn't have the same ring as beth marie...but i still vote her nickname be beth. congrats again, she is beautiful.
Congrats Emily and Luke! My vote is for Ellie or Lizzie. Maybe it's the positive association with Lizzie C.
congrats guys! she's adorable...we're partial to ellie since our girls have a cousin with that name.
Congratulations !!! She is so darling. LOVE all the hair and glad to hear that Spencer & Camille are doing well with the new addition. Enjoy !!
The Paynes
Congratulations! I haven't looked at your blog in ages and was wondering how you were doing with 3 little ones. I can't believe how big your kids are. It seems like Camille should be about the size of your little Elizabeth! Congrats!
Post a Comment