Camille
Since I’ve been writing so much about Spencer, I thought I should say a little about Sweet Camille. She is passionate, like her father. Very determined and independent. She doesn't like wearing her clothes and takes them off at every opportunity, particularly when she's in bed. It isn't infrequently, that I check on her during her nap and find a bare bottom sticking in the air while she slumbers on her blankie. She loves to give hugs but won't kiss, and will only hug when it's her own idea. She is learning and using new words every day. My favorite is when we are searching room to room for her blankie. She says, "where are you." When she doesn't see it, she says, "nooope." Very cute.
Her story is best told in pictures, so here they are.
She loves her blankie.

Camille loves to tumble. She's taught herself to do a clumsy somersault

Camille recently had her first haircut. She was very well-behaved.

If you know this child, you know she knows how to scowl. Here's a great example:
Homemade
I keep making things. I know this won’t become a habit, so I’m saving it on my blog to show that I occasionally make things from scratch, with my own hands. Maybe in a few months, it’ll happen again. It sure was fun.
We made gingerbread men. As usual, Luke's was the best.
Anticipation of homemade pizza! If I'd known how easy it is and how
much the kids love it, I'd have done it long ago.


Bags. I thought my bag-making frenzy was over, but I made one for Camille for
Christmas, and I couldn't help making one for myself.

I don't know why I love making cake, but I really do love it. I love how the eggs, sugar and butter get light and fluffy and curdle when creamed together. I love adding the flour, watching the batter thicken and smooth. I love the smells of sugar, cocoa and vanilla. I love layering and frosting. It's kind of like a miracle. (I know I overuse that word.) Out of flour, sugar, butter, cream and cocoa- just powders and fat- something so delightful comes. And I love to eat cake. There is a little part of the movie Pollyanna where she is at a bazaar, and she gets a slice of cake. I always remember the way that cake looks. Delectable. Like the perfect cake. This cake tastes like the cake looks in Pollyanna. Delectable.
12 comments:
So cute. Camille is such a gorgeous child. I love that she takes her clothes off at naptime. Whenever I think of you Emily, I always think of homemade chocolate cake. Sometime in the Brighton days we had a taste of the first Emily chocolate cake and I will always remember how much you like cake and chocolate...yummy.
Emily, Camille looks just like you.
Gorgeous cake- wow... it looks like it's from a magazine. And I wish you were here to help me finish my bag, which is in a box downstairs.
Nice highlight on Camille. I need to do that with Max, since Madi seems to take the spotlight.
p.s. If she takes after Luke with herh passionate personality, which one of you gave her the "like to take clothes off thing"? Don't answer that- it was rhetorical. :)
Camille is a cutie, she has such a fun personality. That cake did look amazing and tasted absolutely DELICIOUS! Anytime you feel like making a homemade cake, I am always here to help devour it!
Matthew has a scowl like that! I love it!
And, how do you make bags? I want to make a bag.
When are you arriving again? I don't know what my plans are yet. I need some help! : )
i-want-cake. thanks for that. the last thing i need right now is another treat craving. gotta love that about the holidays!
who gorgeous is camille? and really, she is already gonna be a major temptresses for the boys, so the quicker you can end the taking off the clothes thing, the better.
camille is such a cutie! my girls take their jammies off during bedtime too. i often have to re-dress abby during the night. i love the bags you made, you're so talented. wish i was that crafty!
hey emily, good to see how you guys are doing. your kids are beautiful; camille was just a tiny little bean last time we saw her. i have to say i'm having impure thoughts about that cake of yours. we don't have an oven, and for some reason rich, decadently frosted cake has been on my brain -- probably just because i can't make it. hope you guys are enjoying christmastime in tejas! erin burton
I am a friend of Anna's snooping on your blog. I just had to say that I ALWAYS think of that cake from Pollyanna! It's just so funny that you said that. You'll have to share your recipe!
Camille is way too cute. I wish our kids could play and be maniacs together everyday. When ever Savannah sees a blond headed boy she gets lonesome for Spencer.
It was fun to see your cute family recently! Thanks for coming by. I'm glad I found your blog. You've done a great job on it. That cake does look divine! Do you give out your recipe? Also, I love your little bags--very fun!
Emily, Is this the Perfect Chocolate Cake? It really does look delectable. And I love that part of Pollyanna. I've always wanted a big slice of yellow cake just like hers.
Post a Comment