Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Would you like a slice of my homemade bread?"

For Thanksgiving this year I did myself a favor and bought the whole meal at Sprouts, my Texas substitute for Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. Luke surprised us all by making some delicious bread so we'd have something homemade on the table. It was his first time making bread and it turned out beautifully! I'm still impressed.

Steve, Marilyn and Bryce (Luke's mom, dad and brother) came. It was fun to show someone from the outside world what our life is like. We drove down Memory Lane, visiting the neighborhood Luke and his family lived in 22 years ago.

We also went to the Dallas arboretum, being lured by some ads for the "Amazing Chocolate Tree" exhibit. From that description I was expecting a circus act or at least a flourishing tree weighed down with chocolate blossoms. But the tree was sad, bush-like and half dead. We did have a delicious lunch in their tea room, however, and the garden is truly beautiful.


Camille's attempt to wake Spencer before we ate Thanksgiving dinner. I was thankful she didn't succeed.


Here we all are (minus Spencer) just before eating our delicious store bought meal.

We put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Steve said...

I could not be happier about the new Leininger blog. Every single post has made me laugh and I love it. I just love you Emily. I can NOT believe how big Camille is. I hardly recognized her. Your house looks great! We learn new things about Luke all the time... who knew he could make bread? We miss you guys SO much. I can't wait to keep up on your life up there.
Love, Cami
P.S. I never eat at Chilis because I think it is boring and not worth wasting money on... Hmm... what does that mean for me and Texas?

Jacee McGuire said...

I love the blog! I am so addicted to blogging now, it's pretty bad. Looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving! We need to get together soon!

Julie said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving...wish we could have been there to try Luke's bread. Maybe he could start a bakery!

Jenn Knight said...

Oh, Emily... I laughed reading your entire blog. I'm so excited to have you here in the bloggosphere with me.

p.s. I saw your sister at Target a couple days ago buying her Christmas tree. It made me think of the annual disposable, fake, pre-lit Leininger Christmas tree sparkling through the window at #335, 1 Western Ave.... upstairs from us. :) I miss you.

Marilyn said...

I've finally learned how to comment! I love your blog and especially that your blogs aren't always immediate. I finally ordered our Christmas card. Hopefully they'll go out before Valentines. You have such a great writing voice and I love seeing the photos. I may call you for blogging photo tips - i have problems.