That said, I am planning to enjoy it here. And however unwilling I am to unpack and settle, I am glad to be out of a hotel. Living in an extended stay with two kids, a working husband, a half hour away from any acquaintance isn't the recipe to beat the moving blues.
About our new, 20-year-old, 3 bed, 2 bath, 1800 sf place:
Pro: It's walking distance to the park, jogging trails, the grocery store, the library and the gym.
Cons: As far as I can tell, I am the only person who uses feet to get to those places.
Pro: Not only can I walk to the library, I can also buy used books there. Also, the library doesn't have late fees!
Con: Most of the books for sale are romance novels.
Pro: Spencer and Camille make good use of our little back yard.
Con: Fire ants and yard work.
Pro: We put in new wood floors and painted everything.
Con: We spent all our money on it and now we can't buy furniture until next year (but the echo is fun for the kids).
Pro: Spencer loves preschool.
4 comments:
Yes! A blog from Emily and Luke! Your house looks great! When can we come visit? I loved the pro's and cons of everything. Can't wait to stay up with guys now! We miss you!
Yeah! I love that you have a blog now. Your house looks great and it sounds like you've got a good set up. Wish we could be with you guys at Thanksgiving. I look forward to more blogging!
Emily,
You make me laugh. You really should be a writer. And I guess I should enjoy the crazy here a little, there a little stage while it lasts. It just always seems more exciting after its over...
congrats on your new home. we are mving to albuquerque in feb., i wonder how far of a ride that is from you guys?
Post a Comment