Thursday, February 21, 2008

Skinny- erased blog published

So I erased it initially because my sister has some privacy paranoia, (you'll know what I mean if you follow my link) and I wanted to get permission before I put her link out. After obtaining permission, I started questioning the appropriateness of writing a blog on losing weight. I still have those concerns, but I haven't blogged in a long time and I have to put out something, right?

So I never quite lost the last five pounds of Camille. Even when I was running 25 miles a week or more, I still couldn’t shake the last 5. I told myself it was muscle and wasn’t worried because I felt healthy. Since the half marathon, I’ve been exercising inconsistently and the muscle is gone, but I weigh the same.

Well, I weighed myself yesterday and guess what? It’s gone! I think the last time I weighed myself was three or four weeks ago. I wasn’t trying to lose weight, but, on reflection, I did do two things differently.

First, I started going to the gym more consistently, working out for 45-60 minutes. I walk hills for at least half that time and run the rest. I used to just run for 30 minutes. Maybe it’s from doing more in the “fat burn” zone. Who knows.

Second, I’ve become a disciple of my fiber-eating sister. Check out her blog: Fiber . You have to scroll down a little and look at the older posts, but she has a series of fiber blogs. I’ve noticed that when I need a snack, I ask myself how many grams of fiber I’ve had that day and then grab an apple instead of something less… fibrous.

Crazy!

So I wrote that a month ago and the weight is still off. . .

8 comments:

Anna said...

Well done! I have not yet found the motivation to hop back on the tread mill. It is slowly creeping up on me.

Tam said...

Good job Emily! The last 10 from Sydney is hanging on for dear life. I hate thinking she's nearly two and the weight has yet to go away, guess I should jump on the fiber boat, and run longer too. Glad you posted the advice.

Jen said...

Congratulations! I will attest to the fiber issue too! I had 30 pounds to lose after I had Jacob--gross, huh?!!! Well, I decided to try Weight Watchers and it was all off in three months! They are HUGE on fiber intake! I really makes all the difference.

I bet you look fabulous!

Jen

BallerinaBiker said...

Well, I'm impressed that you lost the weight. I can't get motivated one bit to hit the gym or to eat healthy. All I've wanted lately is JUNK! I still have 20 pounds to lose from Matthew and that's all I gained. So, that means, in addition to his 20, I have another 10 from Andrew. I'm in trouble, eh?! Matthew's 2 1/2 and Andrew's gonna be 4. How do you get motivated?

A & D Weston said...

Emily, thanks for the testimonial. Exercise and fiber, that's all it takes. I would like everyone to give it a try and write a review. Is that too much to ask?

Lauren said...

This makes me want to workout! Good for you - fiber is important - I try to get it without too many carbs - however when life is busy it's hard to stay on top of it all!

Keep up the good work!!

Laura said...

Ok, so I was wondering what that previous post was all about, now this makes a little more sense. Good job on losing those last 5 pounds! I need to get my butt moving

Jenn Knight said...

Oh my goodness. I wish you had a brother for my sisters b/c I just LOVE your family. I read your sister's fiber posts and then a few others and found myself just chuckling out loud. You guys are so funny. And I am kind of amused that your sis always refers to her kids as "the first boy" or "the second boy" and her husband as "the Man." Oh, I'm laughing just typing this. Why does she do that?

Congrats on the last five pounds, but I have to say that it's not as fun to congratulate an already skinny person on losing weight. :)